Events Manager Mobile: 301-807-9360
Interested in learning more about us?
About Sycamore Bend Enterprises LLC
Sycamore Bend is a portion of the estate settled in 1780 by Col. John Finney who served in the War of 1812. The property changed hands and eventually landed back in the ownership of a Finney descendent, Henry Ewell Powell, grandfather of the current owners. Powell was a dairy farmer. His daughter, Ann, and her husband Franklin Davis, moved here after Henry's death and built the current home by moving parts from an early 19th century Eastern Shore home, the Parks Place. The bricks on the west end of the house, the front door, indoor paneling, and wood beams were all moved from the old home. The current house was built in the Eastern Shore architectural style of "big house, little house."
The home has been open for tours several times. In 2001, Sycamore Bend was part of a tour arranged by the Decorative Arts Trust. It also was a stop on the Eastern Shore of Virginia House and Garden Tour in both 2003 and 2011.
Now the home serves as a respite for its current owners who want to share their waterfront venue with the Eastern Shore community for special celebrations. Contact us today to reserve your date.